Endovenous Laser Treatment
For treating the venous reflux in the main superficial venous system, Dr. Juleff performs a procedure called Endovenous Laser Therapy. Endovenous Laser Therapy, simply known as EVLT, is a minimally invasive Maui vein treatment procedure used to treat venous insufficiency as an alternative to painful stripping procedures that demanded a lengthy and trying recovery period in order to see results. Today’s EVLT is fast, safe and effective compared to archaic surgeries.
Many patients find immediate alleviation of their troublesome symptoms such as leg pain, throbbing and more. Moreover, these procedures allow patients to resume normal activities almost immediately following treatment.
Additional benefits of EVLT can include:
- Procedure is usually performed in a single session
- Procedure time is typically under an hour
- Performed on an outpatient basis
- Offers immediate relief from symptoms
- Little to no downtime or lengthy recovery
- No need for general anesthesia
- Exceptional effectiveness with up to a 98% success rate
- Minimal incisions with less chance for scarring than traditional treatment
After the EVLT procedure, patients may perceive slight sensitivity and minor bruising at the treatment site. To improve these minor side effects, patients can easily treat them with Ibuprofen or other over the counter anti–inflammatory medication. Patients are usually free to go back to regular activities the following day and will soon experience the outstanding results of their treatment in a few short weeks.